As more companies are lured by the reported benefits of using video in their sales process, video usage is becoming mainstream in many sales teams.
Depending upon which research you believe response rates to cold outreach messages can be as high as 60%, click through rates on emails with video can be 300% higher than emails with non video.
But, as a fringe activity performed by a few sales reps becomes an official part of the sales process, companies need to be more organised in how they encourage adoption, support quality activity and coach for continual improvement.
But as with any new sales tool sales leaders have lots of questions about to integrate a new approach into their exiting process.
In this interview we talk to Sebastian (Bazz) Deans – VP Revenue and Olivia Riches – EMEA Marketing Manager at Shootsta. Shootsta have been helping companies use video their marketing and sales activities for over 6 years.
Their latest product is a tool that helps companies blend company produced on message videos with individually tailored video messages to prospects. (If you want to see Elevate, Shootsta’s video tool for sales teams you can watch a replay of our “Tech Roast” here.
We talk about the following things:
- Why video usage by sales teams entering the mainstream
- How are companies using video for cold outreach and early sales process engagement.
- What strategies are companies using to support sales teams produce “high quality” video messages?
- How marketing teams can produce content to support adoption and high quality outreach.
- How are companies using video to support the mid and late stages of the sales process.
- How Sales Directors or VP Sales can “sell” marketing on supporting increased usage of video by sales teams.
- How Marketing Managers can “sell” to sales leaders their potential to help the sales teams increase the effectiveness of video outreach activities.
About Olivia Riches:
EMEA Marketing Manager has spent over 5 years supporting SaaS businesses to grow their brands. At Shootsta she leads demand generation, supports the development of partnerships and customer engagement strategies.
About Sebastian (Bazz) Deans:
Sebastian (Bazz) Deans – VP Revenue @ Shootsta, he spends his time helping the revenue team hit its targets by leading from the front when using video in the sales process. He loves data and working out how process or people changes can transform sales results.
Bazz’s Dream App:
Imagine if every time you needed to approach a new prospect you had insights on the best way to approach the prospect (phone, email, social or video) and the best topic / message hook to use to grab their attention.
This would be Bazz’s dream app and I know he is not alone in this wish to know how to approach a prospect and what to say to engage….definitely and app worth £30 per month…may be more
Business Book of Choice:
- Both Olivia and Bazz love the book written by Chris Voss Never Split the Difference. In Olivia’s words, it is not just a book about negotiation but getting what you want out of every conversation.
Boxset or Series of choice:
Oliva is loving Squid Game on Netflix. A South Korean produced series where hundreds of cash strapped players accept an invitation to play children’s games for a tempting prize – but high stakes consequences.
Bazz is loving Sex Education a Netflix series following the trails and tribulations of the pupils of Mordale High.