The goal of Revenue Operations is to support the unification of all the Go To Market teams around a single process aligned with the customers buying journey.
A common mistake of sales / marketing / revenue ops teams is that they fixate on the data and technology tools before building consensus around a process that leaders up and down the organisation buyin to.
Toby’s belief is that before you can work on the data or tech tools you need to define a process that all Go To Market teams buy into and are committed to executing month in month out.
However in the interview you will find out that creating the process is the easy part. The challenges come when you have to adapt the tools, engage users in using the tools, provide insights and stay agile to the businesses demands.
And if you want to know more about Revenue Operations and the role it can play in enabling higher levels of sales then check out our past interview with Guy Rubin from Ebsta
We talk to Toby about the following things:
- How did you go about unifying the different silos around a unified process?
- How did you gain the sales teams buying to the changes in how deals progressed through the sales process?
- What technology tools do you use to support the sales teams execute an effective process?
- How do you support leaders and manage the performance of the teams?
- What is the feedback loop between Rev Ops and the sales teams to st
Key Revenue Operations Take-Aways:
- How to align the go to market teams sales process with customer buying journey
- How to use salesforce as a way to change sales behaviours
- How he has adapted the reporting and insights provided to leaders to align with their individual needs
About Toby Carrington:
Whilst Toby describes himself as a recovering CFO. The reality however is that he has spent the last 6 years applying his love of data, process and commercial insights to supporting the sales performance of Siemens and Seismic.
He is experienced at leading companies through organizational transformation efforts.
A sought after speaker in the areas of revenue operations, sales enablement and training, sales operations and the future of sales and sales leadership.
Angel investor with advisory roles in multiple successful start-ups across SaaS, fintech, food and beverage and medtech companies.
Toby’s Dream App:
A virtual assistant for sales reps
Toby’s Recommended Business Books:
- Cracking the sales management code – Jason Jordan & Michelle Vazzana
- Generation brand by Irina Soriano
Toby’s Current Boxset of Choice: