Over the years I have seen companies take many different approaches when broadening their go to market strategy from an SMB focus to Enterprise or visa versa.
The most common mistake companies make is to assume that they can copy and paste their existing sales process, hiring profile, development plans or success metrics.
Of the two two go to market strategies it is the SMB focused team that organisations struggle with the most.
How do you build a process that can find and convert high volumes of opportunities, when working with less experienced sales professionals who often sell virtually?
The typical challenges companies face are:
- How to provide a career path out of high volume lead gen roles?
- How do you support rookies into teams with our affecting productivity?
- How do you stop the heavy lifting of new skill development dragging down the sales leaders.
In this interview we talk to George Donovan the CRO of Allego a sales learning and enablement platform.
- Why he built his SMB team from the ground up vs copying from his enterprise team.
- How he built a team structure that incentivised team work over individualism and increased average earnings 40%
- How is team structure aligned with career pathway he used to attract high quality talent.
- How he used a matrix reporting structure to take away the heavy lifting of new SDR development and reduced staff turnover
You can also find out George’s:
- Favourite revenue / sales metric
- His favourite boxset of 2021
About George Donovan:
George Donovan has been a sales leader in technology for over 20 years. He has two missions in life, one to grow revenues the other is to attract and develop new talent into the sales profession. He is currently CRO at Allego a sales learning and enablement platform that helps boost sales performance.